Thursday, June 6, 2013

#12 Slapjack Vintage Goods


I learned about Slapjack Vintage Goods through Leigh Greer at Table 7. Leigh partners with Slapjack and River Front Rentals for weddings and parties (best idea ever - just rent the stuff instead of buying it!). Anyway, I put this shop on the list because I've seen so many cute pictures on their Facebook page and wanted to see for myself.


I didn't realize they were located inside of the Town Center Antique Mall, which was covered in my first 92 Days of Summer. Mike and I dropped in yesterday because I'm looking for a vintage hutch, china cabinet or armoire of some sort for all of my craft supplies. I didn't find exactly what I was looking for, but narrowed down my direction.

I would have to invest in some better storage bins...everything I have right now is stored in plastic shoe boxes. I do want something with a lid, and not open wire or wicker baskets though.



This is red is lovely! And the cupboards on the bottom would be nice to hide away the not-so-pretty bins.


I pretty much love everything about this room - down to the mis-matched handles on the hutch. I'm 100% positive I could not keep it that tidy looking though.

Cute piece from Joss & Main that I know Mike would absolutely love. For this I could just get rid of the bins and throw everything into its own drawer, but there'd be no room for any fabric in this piece.

Yes and yes. It'd have to be weathered a little to match my desk. But, does it bother anyone that it is so close to the bed?
 I was a little surprised to find this piece from Ikea. Again, I love the color and the yellow inside matches the guest bedroom! I'd probably have some excess supplies that I'd have to find a home for...