Wednesday, June 19, 2013

#62 Make Bread


Pepperoni bread was one of those recipes my didn't make a ton, but when she did, it was eaten quickly. A few years back she made a vegetarian version for me and my sister and again, it was eaten quickly. Since my sister arrived last night I decided to make some for our week together. I totally winged the recipe and have decided it should have been made with bread dough (my mom uses the frozen kind) instead of the pizza dough. Still delicious, none-the-less!

What you need:
1 package pizza dough (Trader Joe's)
1 package vegetarian pepperoni (note: I couldn't get these at our Trader Joe's, ended up finding them at the Farm Fresh)
4-5 slices of mozzarella cheese
salt, pepper, basil, oregano, crushed red pepper
olive oil

What you do:
1. Oil your pan so the bread doesn't stick. Roll out the dough so it's about 1/4" thick. Sprinkle with seasonings.
2. Place a layer of pepperoni and a layer of cheese. I tore apart the slices so there was so overlapping between the 'ronis and cheese.
3. Sprinkle with a little more of the seasonings and a little oil. Roll like a jellyroll and pinch the ends shut.
4. Bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes. You can eat it hot right out of the oven, but I like to wait until the cheese sets in, about 20 minutes or so. Cut in 1/2" slices and serve.

Number 62 is off the list! I'm participating in my third 92 Days of Summer challenge. Read about the project here.