Monday, June 17, 2013

Monday Musebles

Absolutely love this sign, the back read "John Ward 1971: Authentic Sign Abandoned by Gypsies on Wilson Blvd. in Arlington, VA." Could have been mine for a mere $300!

Our dining room table and bedroom set was delivered on Friday. Of course, we can't just have a smooth process, so only half of the bed was delivered. They tried again on Sunday to bring the missing footboard and brought the wrong color...so we wait some more. In the meantime, I made our first family dinner on a real table Friday night.

window pane

Saturday morning I woke up bright and early and went garage saling to find a dehumidifier for only $10! I thought for sure it wouldn't work, but it's in the basement collecting water as we speak! I hit up Country Boys on Granby Street, which is a place I love and am terrified of at the same time.
 
shutters
It's a salvage yard/antique store full of treasures...if you can get to them. I found a set of black weathered shutters I'm pretty fond of ($35 for the pair) and a antique window pane ($85 for one), which I'm particularly interested in.

English stained glass

1920s wardrobe

I finally stopped in this place called Boobala's Importers on Granby. I've driven by it a million times and never actually stopped in. If you're looking for the mecca of stained glass, this is the place to go! Beautiful stuff, lots of it, but prices start at $125 for an 11"x14" piece. The rest of the store is filled with goreous antiques. I found a wardrobe there from the 1920s, all dark hardwood, asking $300. It would need shelves and I'm not leaning toward anymore dark furniture in the house, so I passed on it.


Howeletts Trading Post opened up just two weeks ago (on Granby Street as well). I found a great china cabinet there, glass and shelves still in tact ($275). It would definitely need a deep cleaning, a polish and probably the shelves painted.

At the end of the day I came home with just the dehumidifier and quite a few new go-to places for antiques and thrifty goodness.