Thursday, June 27, 2013

#22 Fruit Salsa


Typically, I'm not a fruit salsa kind-of girl. I like my salsa with lots of kick and full of tomatoes. But, you should give everything an honest chance, right? I scoured lots of fruit salsa recipes and came across this one with kiwi in it. Seemed simple enough, so I gave it a run. I think it would be tasty on a swordfish or tuna steak. On chips? Not so much. The kiwi salsa has potential, but I've decided 100% for sure now, fruit salsa just ain't my thing!

What you need
4 kiwis
2 tbsp onion, chopped
3 tbsp cilantro, chopped
1 tbsp jalapeno

What you do
1. Scope out the kiwi with a spoon over a bowl so you can reserve any liquid. Chop the fruit into mini, bite-sized pieces.
2. Add in the onion, cilantro and jalapeno. Give it a good stir and let chill in the fridge for a few hours before serving.