Saturday, June 15, 2013

#60 Smash the Cake



When Kelly asked me to do Thomas' one-year pictures I was both excited and a little nervous. Photographing babies is not an easy tasking. You can just say "move your hand," "chin down," "fix your shirt because it's doing a weird thing." Babies do their own thing when they want and how they want. However, I realized through this shoot, that's what makes it so flippin' cute!


It's hard to think this little man is turning one. And that Kelly and Randy's maternity shoot was almost a year and a half ago. I've learned so much about babies, family and what joy a little tot can bring into your life and am so grateful to have captured these precious moments for Kelly, Randy and Thomas (even though we it's moooostly for Kelly ;).



Kelly did an amazing job in her stylist role, haha. The outfit, the ballons, down to the blues in the cake, everything looked perfect. We also gained this sweet wooden high chair, which resembles the one I had as a child (and my mom still has in her garage attic), for only $20 on Craigslist!









Happy Birthday Thomas! Can't wait to see what this year brings - and what photo shoots we can make you do before you realize what's going, haha.

Number 60 is off the list! I'm participating in my third 92 Days of Summer challenge. Read about the project here.