Thursday, July 18, 2013

Thrifty Thursday


I spent a lot of time trying to track down a mini stapler. Not the mini version with standard staples. A small stapler with small staples. Seems like a no brainer, right? Wrong. When I had finally decided to give up on the desktop accessory, I found one in a pile of office supplies at an estate sale. A mini stapler and a couple thousand extra staples for only $2! The stapler gods were definitely on my side at that moment.


I found this lovely brown handbag (do you know I'm still carrying around my Cath Kidston I bought in Thailand, MORE THAN TWO YEARS AGO?!), for $5. Not sure I will be able to fit everything I deem necessary, but it's worth a try.


I was delighted by these travel maps and brochures dating from the late 70s and 80s. More than 20 printed pieces were in the bag marked $2. Some of the maps seem too good to cut up for cards, so I may have to sell on Fairview Place as is. I mean who wouldn't want a map of the the worlds largest shopping mall in Denmark?!