Tuesday, July 2, 2013

#83: Creative Wedge


The Creative Wedge is Hilltop's new place to be (shop and eat!). I stopped in today during my lunch break and perused the great selection of handmade gifts, art, books, cards and much more! The aim of the store is to be a home for quality American-made artisan food and art. I found some fellow Kitsch consignors there (Glass Gardens, DreamFly), and several new artists. The cardboard deer/rhino/unicorn heads are to die for! And I love the Make Your Own Goat Cheese kits - never would have thought of that!


Within a few minutes Sloane, co-owner, was showing me around. She offered me horseradish cheese hot pepper jelly. I'm not sure how she knew these are two of my most favorite things, but she definitely won me over. I was debating between the cranberry mustard, honey for cheese or the pepper jelly, but I went with the latter for my parents who are coming to town tomorrow.


Soon the shop will be carrying local beer and wine, along with an ever-changing cheese selection and seasonal gifts. Can't wait to see what they have next! Be sure to check them out on Facebook and Twitter.

I'm participating in my third 92 Days of Summer challenge. Read about the project here.