Tuesday, July 16, 2013

#75: Visit Phoebus


I have been to Phoebus once before, but at the time I didn't realize that's where I was. I saw a ballet at the American Theater a few years back and just loved the beautiful old venue. Recently on a trip to Fort Monroe for work, my friend and co-worker told me the little area was actually considered Phoebus. Come to find out, it was it's own city until 1952 until it was consolidated with the city of Hampton. Regardless, the cute little strip holds several antique shops, a few restaurants, a children's consignment shop, a florist and a VFW.


On our way back from another work trip to Fort Monroe we decided to stop at one of the shops. (Only because we were so efficient during our mission to the Fort.) The majority of the places were closed, but we managed to make it into The Little Blue Shop. The antique store was filled with all sorts of goodies, from Mason jars to toy trucks. The owner was so nice, he dropped the prices without even having to barter! I'll be making another stop next time I'm out, hopefully some of the other stores will be open!

I'm participating in my third annual 92 Days of Summer challenge. Read about the project here.