Sunday, July 7, 2013

#31: Yorktown Beach


Technically, I've been to Yorktown Beach before. Thomas' Smash the Cake photos were taken just a minute down the road from the beach, but other than snapping shots of a handsome boy I've never spent any time there. And, truthfully, after spending several hours in Yorktown with my parents, I never stepped one foot onto the actual beach! Ha! The beach itself is pretty small, but would be perfect for an afternoon picnic or a little play date. 


What is a battlefield without a photo next to a cannon?


I couldn't quit taking photos of these fluffy clouds!

My Mom is also participating in the 92 Days of Summer. An item on her list is to get stamps in her National Park Passport Book, which could be obtained at the Yorktown Battlefields. We hit up the visitor's center first and got her book (and my 92 Days list) stamped. By the way, if you haven't heard of the Passport Book, you definitely need to check it out. Both my sister and mom have one and it's such a encouragement to visit historical landmarks throughout the country.



We ate lunch at The Riverwalk, a fancy looking restaurant situation almost right under the Coleman Bridge. The food was delicious! I'd recommend the black bean burger (it's spicy!) or the almond crusted grouper sandwich.





Number 31 has successfully been crossed off the list! Plus, I was able to share the experience with my parents

I'm participating in my third 92 Days of Summer challenge. Read about the project here.