Thursday, July 25, 2013

It's About Time


Mike was the best boyfriend in the world and bought me a new sewing machine. For Christmas. Seven months ago. Today was the first time I used it. To be honest, I haven't sewn one thing since before Christmas (that must be a record for me). Not to mention the machine actually scared me a little. It's so fancy! More than 50 stitches, a built in thread cutter, an automatic needle threader...I mean there was a giant red Stop Sign on the front of the machine saying I could ruin it by not reading the manual. Who has time to read a manual!?

I actually got out my old machine and started working with that one. But I had it with the noise and the loose stitching so I busted out the new machine, read the book and got to sewing. I have a lot to learn yet, but was able to knock out four felt cheeseburger sets, so I can't complain.


This is definitely worth a Freebie on the 92 Days of Summer list. #61, you're done!

I'm participating in the 92 Days of Summer challenge. Read about it here.