Friday, July 26, 2013

#38: Volunteer


Friday I spent the afternoon volunteering for Equi-Kids, a therapeutic riding program for children with special needs. The horses provide equine-assisted activities that help develop self-awareness and self-confidence, improvement in concentration and fine motor skills and physical benefits. I was able to volunteer at the farm through my CBDX affiliation and am so glad I did!


We had a brief tour of the facilities, which encompass 92 acres of land, including a 24-stall barn and indoor riding arena. We got to meet a few of the horses (adorable) and then spent the rest of the time weeding, cleaning and gardening around the property.


To learn more about the organization, donate or volunteer, click here.


Visiting a farm and volunteering, off the list!

I'm participating in the 92 Days of Summer challenge. Read about it here.